Overcoming her own experience of domestic violence, stalking, and cyberstalking, Alexis Moore got her life back—and vowed to help others in similar circumstances. As a result, she earned a juris doctor from Northwestern California University, passed the California bar exam her first try, and established her legal practice and risk management consulting business. Today, she pursues Moore Justice for her clients and helps those experiencing cyberabuse and stalking to be Moore Secure. Alexis is the unconventional, passionate and determined advocate and advisor she had always sought but never found.
As a risk management consultant, Moore serves as a cyberstalking, stalking, and privacy protection consultant worldwide. Her unique experience as a high-tech investigator and survivor has driven her to the forefront of crime-victim advocacy, where she has been instrumental in the passing of ground-breaking cybercrime legislation around the globe.
A pioneer in promoting cybercrime awareness and victim’s rights, Moore has provided assistance to law enforcement and victim-advocacy groups in the United States and abroad. Her published works have directly influenced cyberstalking legislation, and she authored the first victim’s survivor guide for stalking and abuse victims to help them navigate the criminal justice system. Moore is frequently quoted as an expert on the topics of stalking, cyberstalking and domestic violence, and has been honored for her work with the National Women of Peace Award.
Founder of the nonprofit Survivors In Action, Inc.
- Author, “Surviving a Cyberstalker: How to Prevent and Survive Cyberabuse and Stalking” (MBK, Enterprises)
- Co-Author, “Cyber Self-Defense: Expert Advice to Avoid Online Predators, Identity Theft, and Cyberbullying” (Lyons Press), available in libraries and bookstores worldwide including the FBI Academic Library and the Marine Corps Library.
- Author, “A Parent’s Guide to Cyberstalking and Cyberbullying” the first parent’s guide on the subjects of cyberstalking and cyberbullying.
Contributor to law enforcement post academy training materials including “Cold Case Pathways to Justice”, “Self-advocacy Guide to Identity Change and Social Security Number Change”, “About Cyberstalking”, “Internet Safety and Cyberstalking.”
She has also contributed to a wide variety of nonfiction book projects including self-advocacy handbooks, textbooks, and legal publications.
PUBLIC POLICY EXPERIENCE
Vast experience consulting with public officials and promoting legislation related to public safety and consumer advocacy.
- Mary’s Law: GPS Monitoring Legislative proponent and advocate. Mary’s Law passed in nearly all 50 states allowing the use of GPS monitoring with protective orders.
- Provided expert testimony at California State Assembly and State Senate hearings
Moore has been called upon as an expert to contribute to segments on CNN, FOX, CBS, Headline News, Good Morning America, and Anderson. Her story was featured on Investigation Discovery Stalked: Someone’s Watching. She is featured in a PSA for the national animal advocacy organization Red Rover, encouraging domestic violence shelters to allow abuse victims to seek refuge with their pets to prevent domestic violence homicide.
She has been a guest on numerous radio shows, including Clear Channel Radio, Martha Stewart Living, and CBS Radio.
Moore has been published and quoted in hundreds of magazines and newspaper articles on the topics of stalking and cyberstalking, including the New York Times, El Periódico, Law Enforcement Technology, Popular Mechanics, PC Magazine, Newsweek, Ladies Home Journal, Woman’s Day, Glamour, Reader’s Digest, Realtor Magazine, and Canada Focus on the Family.
Women’s Media Center She Source member and speaker; outspoken advocate in the area of cybercrime, domestic violence, and consumer protection.
Women of Peace Award: The Women’s Peacepower Foundation chose Moore as the recipient of the National Women of Peace Award for her work as a consultant on high-risk cases of stalking and cyberstalking.
Giving Fabulous Award: Alexis Moore recipient of the Giving Fabulous Award from retailer Midnight Velvet, recognized for her work preventing abuse against people and animals.
ACADEMIC HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Doris Buffet Women’s Independence Scholarship recipient
- Courage Award nominee, United States Department of Justice
- Sacramento Women’s Lawyer Scholarship recipient
- Lincoln Law School Family Law Faculty Achievement Award
- Passed the California state bar exam 1st time
- Granted the first Permanent Domestic Violence Restraining Order in El Dorado County
- National Women of Peace Award
- In February 2014, she was honored as one of the top 3 experts in the field of Violence against Women by Women’s Media Center
- As a victim advocacy activist, furthered the adoption of cyberstalking and cybercrime legislation worldwide. Her definition of the term “cyberstalking” utilized and cited in legislation around the globe.
- Efforts led to 250 California Pulte Homeowners impacted by solar roof tile recall to receive new solar roof tiles at no cost to the homeowners – approximately $2.5 million in savings to California Pulte Homeowners.
- Creditor Abuse Advocate & Consultant: As an expert, consultant and crime victim advocate assisted victims of cyberabuse, debt collector abuse, inaccurate credit reporting and identity theft recover millions of dollars in damages
- Law Office of Alexis Moore
Attorney, Author and Advocate in California.
- Risk Management Consultant
Providing consultations and training in risk management to individuals and businesses in matters pertaining to cybersecurity and cyberabuse in the United States and abroad.
- California Real Estate Broker
Commercial and residential real estate broker and trainer and educator to the profession in matters of public safety and cybersecurity.
- Survivors In Action, Inc
Founder of the non-profit crime victim and consumer advocacy organization Survivors In Action, Inc.